Tuesday, April 7, 2009

do you coupon?

so i've started "couponing". i've always used coupons, but now i'm on to couponing, which is a completely higher level of pillaging for bargains. here's my finds for today:
for a total of 9.95 including tax i bought:
5 boxes of post raisin bran
a box of doughnut holes that was marked down to .99 (this wasn't really a bargain, but it's in the total so i have to add it, so embarrassed to admit to buying junk)
4 things? canisters? of lysol wipes 35 ct (plus i can get three bucks back with a rebate)
1 jar of pickles
2 crates of a dozen eggs
so add that all up: 13 items for less than 10 bucks with tax.
"l-meister," you ask, "what will you do with so many lysol wipes and cereal?"
"my friend," i reply, " i will store them and use as needed." so then i can wait and see them go on sale again before i have to buy more. it's been a great way to start getting some more food storage built up also.

2 comments:

  1. You Rock!

    I usually get as far as cutting them out, but not remembering to use them before they expire. Unless it is Costco.

    Howevera, if it is a coupon for a restaurant, or say somewhere the kids would think is so awesome [DQ]for an out of the blue treat, then I am pretty good at putting those in my purse until I use them or they become expired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, too?!
    I don't, yet, but I know some people who do.
    Score.
    Now I have one in MY family.
    Bragging Rights.

    ReplyDelete